Ogłoszenie numer: 7963551, from 2023-02-21
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Reference No.: PLCFA22-026
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Poland and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters, and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing and supporting the resources management functions and support the operations of the USRAP hub in the Country Office, sub-offices and related units.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Receive and consolidate all procurement requisition forms; verify they have all the required information and comply with the Purchase Authorization Matrix and other office instructions and obtain any necessary additional information.
Assist supervisors in more complex, higher-value purchases.
Prepare tender documents, solicit bids and quotations as applicable; prepare bid analysis summary and share it with the requesting unit; may participate in the evaluation process and provide technical inputs.
Once the purchase is approved, confirm terms of agreement with selected suppliers, prepare the relevant documentation (purchase order, contract, etc.) and coordinate the required authorizations.
- Monitor status of open requisitions and follow up on the timely delivery of goods and services; upon delivery, coordinate with the receiving unit to obtain satisfactory delivery notes.
- Review vendor invoices, prepare payment requests and coordinate with Finance the timelym payment to suppliers/service providers.
- Create and maintain physical and electronic records of all documentation through the procurementm cycle in accordance with IOM instructions and procedures; retrieve, present and analyse information from the system and prepare periodic reports highlighting issues that require attention.
- Conduct market surveys to identify potential new suppliers/service providers; participate in their evaluation regarding quality, prices and services in line with the organization’s best interests.
- Keep track of any contractual agreements and inform concerned parties for timely renewal; monitor office supplies and service and prepare requisitions when required and coordinate with Finance Unit the payment of utilities invoices.
- Provide briefing and technical guidance to all staff in the office on procurement related instructions and procedures.
- Perform logistics tasks related to property and asset management, warehousing, insurance coverage, maintenance, and transportation.
- Coordinate fleet operations activities including preparation of daily vehicle schedule, monitoring of vehicle logbooks, and coordination of vehicle maintenance.
- General Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school diploma with five years of relevant professional experience
- Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management is an advantage
Experience and Skills
- Experience in procurement and logistics and working with vendors and service providers
- Experience with asset management process
- Experience working with IOM/UN Procurement and Logistics Rules and Procedures is an advantage
- Experience working in an international organisation an advantage
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Ability to work with national and international institutions
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English and Polish (oral and written)
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link (https://www.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl486/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Resource Mobilization - Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.